Saturday, October 24, 2009

Voiceworks #78 - Fluid

The team at Express Media have really outdone themselves with the latest edition of Voiceworks. The non-fiction is especially worth a look. It's very encouraging to see other young writers engaging with serious issues, and producing interesting articles unfettered by academic writing styles. (This is especially close to my heart, as it's the kind of writing I most enjoy producing myself!)

The RRP is only $8, so do yourself a favour and buy a copy. As the issue doesn't yet appear to be available for purchase online, I can only direct you to a list of stockists here.

I especially recommend Kate Goldworthy's exploration of the nature of sexuality in 'Our Permeable Walls', and Adolfo Aranjuez's 'Panopticon 2.0', an interesting thought-starter regarding gatekeeping and the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment