Friday, October 30, 2009

Asterix and Obelix's Birthday: The Golden Book


I am uber excited about the forthcoming 34th album featuring the ever-endearing Asterix the Gaul. This year is Asterix's 50th birthday. I have been reading these comics since I was a little girl, and love them still!

The book is due out November 12 in Australia, at an RRP of $35.

For those of you unfamiliar with the lovable French village which just refuses to surrender to the Romans, a thorn in Ceasar's side, find out more about the collection here.

The secret of the resistant Gauls is a magic strength potion brewed by their druid, Getafix. You can't help but love the characters and the the endless wordplay.


2 comments:

  1. Oh bravo! I just jumped on to comment on the favourite characters post, so its great to see you appreciate the series as well!

    Ben H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to loooove reading these when I was growing up. I think it's a lot more popular in european countries though, haven't really seen many books here.

    ReplyDelete