Friday, February 5, 2010

The Sartorialist

If you're into clothing, this is a book you must check out:


Scott Schuman's philosophy is inspiring- he's a fashion photographer who takes photos of ordinary people wearing their everyday clothes.

I like to wear things that look interesting, but still function as everyday clothes. I like colour. I like beautiful fabrics. I like things that are not the norm. I like clothes that make a statement about who I am.

This book is full of inspiration for out-of-the-ordinary outfits, like the "shirt as skirt" I just had to have. (Yes, I got myself one. It's so easy to make- no sewing required. Tip: only use a shirt with a pleat in the centre of the back. And pinstripes work!)

Look over The Sartorialist for ideas, or just because it's beautiful to look at.

(P.S. Thanks ML for putting me onto this book!)


Buy on fishpond: The Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment