Saturday, January 30, 2010

Drawing Down the Moon


Have I mentioned before that I absolutely adore fantasy art?

Two imports arrived for me this week at work (I work in a bookshop), and I literally jumped up and down in my excitement.

The first was a collection of Arthur Rackham's illustrations, which I'm sure I'll mention again once I've had a chance to look at it. The second was Drawing Down the Moon: The Art of Charles Vess. The book is full of gorgeous fantasy illustrations and contains commentary from Charles Vess himself.

I was very interested to read: "After college, when I returned to the 'real world,' I had to struggle for many years to regain that lost, individual sense of whimsical fantasy that those school years tried to squelch." I hope the same doesn't happen to my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment