Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stuff White People Like on films based on books


On forthcoming films based on books:

"[T]hese announcements create a ticking time bomb where by a white person must read the book in ADVANCE of the release of the movie. This is done partly so that they can engage in the popular activity of complaining about how the movie failed to capture the essence of the book. But more importantly, once a book has been made into a movie, a white person can no longer read that book. To have read the book after the movie is one of the great crimes in white culture, and under no circumstances should you ever admit to doing this."

Read the full entry here.

Sometimes, though, the film is better. I think this is the case with The Lord of the Rings, but I know that's controversial.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously love this book, I find it hilarious and sectretly have to agree with a lot of the things in it.. secretly. and then stop my self from conforming.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be controversial to think that LotR films out-did the source material, but I totally agree with you.
    LotR books = sleep
    LotR films = entertainment

    ReplyDelete