Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Princess Bride - A Hot Fairy Tale

I collect editions of The Princess Bride, and have decided to start providing descriptions and details of my editions on this blog. You can find an explanation about this and a list of editions here. I will most probably backdate posts which contain further editions, so that my blog doesn't become unreadable to passers-by, so if you're interested in the list, make sure you click on the link.

I'm going to start with an edition with the original, 1973 text. It's a reasonably ordinary edition, printed on cheap paper for a mass market audience. The most exciting thing about it is that it has a glossy, colour map insert in the middle of the book.

Title on cover: William Goldman's The Princess Bride
ISBN: 0345315324
Format: paperback
Measurements: 108 x 174mm


Front cover, spine, and back cover:





Typeset:





Typeset for editorial interruptions:






Map:





1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrisina,

    I have a July 1974 Ballentine Book Club paperback edition that was not for sale. It has the ugliest cover of any of the editions. They printed Goldman's comments in red. Imagine, a red letter edition paperback.

    I was wondering if you had any additional information about this printing. I have scanned the cover and will happily email it to you of you wish.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete